Rajagala Prehistoric Archaeological Project, Sri Lanka; 3-20 September 2016
– Dry-sieved sediments from trenches and sorted them for lithics, pottery and other artefacts.
– Conducted flotation for separating charcoal from sediments which were either sent for laboratory analysis or wet-sieved and sun-dried to sort out lithics.
– Trained in the basic skills of using Dumpy Levels and Total Stations. I also drafted non-digital maps of the site on grid paper.
– Contributed to writing the preliminary archaeological report for the project.
National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore; Intern, 1-31 July 2016
– Employed satellite images to study past settlement patterns of early medieval Delhi to find potential old structures (fort walls/ moats) that have since been destroyed by artificial and natural elements or are buried underground.
– Investigated, with my team, twelfth century temple sites of Badami Caves and Aihole for ground validation of another ongoing remote sensing project on the same.
Narmada Valley Environmental Archaeology Project, India; June 2016
– Surveyed banks of the Narmada palaeochannel for Acheulian stone artefacts and Pleistocene fossils in the context of fluvial geomorphology.
– Excavated potential Palaeolithic/Lower Pleistocene sites in the modern villages of Panwasa and Bikor, Madhya Pradesh.
The Hindu; Intern, 16 July-16 August 2013
Project 1: Monuments
-Researched, cultivated contacts, interviewed heritage walkers and conservationists (most notably Vikramjit Singh Rooprai and Swapna Liddle, Co-convener, Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH), Delhi Chapter, authorities and locals to find lost monuments.
-As a follow up to the above, wrote about them in The Hindu which led to their refurbishment.
Project 2: Cleanliness/Public Conveniences
– Documented public conveniences, especially in the North Delhi area, and wrote about their being unusable for women and differently abled.
-Interviewed municipal council authorities regarding their plans and actions in the past, the future and the roadblocks they faced. I then included their viewpoints in my article.
Project 3: Miscellaneous Reporting
– Covered panel discussions on information security, data protection, cultural events and radio shows
I have been an avid writer since my schooldays, although my platforms of expression keep changing. I have written over seventy letters and articles in national newspapers and magazines on various issues from society, politics, economics, literature etc.
The Hindu (letters + articles): 34+6
Frontline (letters): 28
National Geographic Traveller (letters): 1
Economic and Political Weekly (letters): 1
These days, I write a lot on Quora and on my website.
English and Hindi: fully proficient in writing and speaking.
Sanskrit: moderate reading/writing and elementary speaking proficiency
Joint Conference 2015 by Indian Society for Prehistoric and Quaternary Studies (ISPQS) and Indian Culture and History Society (ICHS); 17-20 December 2015 at University of Hyderabad.
1. Damayanti Pathak Memorial Award for Meritorious Student for 2013-14 by Department of History, Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, University of Delhi
2. First Rank in University of Delhi Common Journalism Entrance Test (CJET) 2011